Gain the skills, values and confidence of a sustainability leader to instigate sustainability projects and thinking into your school’s curriculum and operations.
Discover how to inspire and bring others in your school on board with your sustainability plans.
The course covers:
- an understanding of the holistic, values-based meaning of sustainability and its importance for your students
- the qualities and roles of a sustainability leader
- how sustainability leadership can lead to systemic change in schools
- the challenges of being a sustainability leader and how to ‘bring on board’ other teachers at your school
- how to incorporate sustainability thinking into the curriculum and operations at your school/centre
- how to design, implement and evaluate sustainability projects and develop a communication strategy for all members of your school and wider community.
Cost: $220 (includes morning tea and lunch) NO EARLYBIRD
DON’T MISS OUT!
Sandra Nichols is a leading researcher and educator in the practical application of sustainability into the Australian Curriculum.
“Fantastic, good balance of stimulating presentations, activities and discussion.”
Whole-school sustainability planning workshop April 2013Kathryn Morgan
Completing Sustainability Leadership for Proficient Teachers will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 3.7.2; 6.3.2; 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.