Early childhood, primary, secondary and executive teachers and sustainability educators working with teachers
BOSTES accredited for 5 PD hours for the maintenance of accreditation at proficient teacher level. Standard descriptors: 3.7.2, 6.3.2 and 7.2.2.
Sustainability is a core theme across the Australian Curriculum and a mandatory requirement under National Quality Standard 3.3 for early childhood teachers. This course, suitable for early childhood, primary, secondary and executive teachers, takes a values approach to sustainability and explores in detail the various ways by which it can be embedded in school and early childhood operational practices and teaching programs leading to systemic change.
The workshop provides opportunities for discussion and networking to empower participants to become confident and skilled sustainability leaders in their own unique school or early childhood settings.
- the holistic and values-based nature of sustainability
- qualities of a sustainability leader
- behaviour change theories and a model that works best in school settings
- how to design, implement and evaluate sustainability projects
- how to incorporate sustainability concepts into the curriculum
- how to develop communication and engagement strategies targeting all stakeholders in the school community
- case studies
- resources and networks for sustainability leaders
- challenges of being a sustainability leader and how to resolve them.
Workshops are for a full day. A customised, in-school consultancy service is also offered whereby workshops can be run over a full day, half day or as after-school sessions. A combination of online and face-to-face presentation can also be catered for.